Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D measurement and record XY-Coordinates of objects/pixels in a room

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to PS and kindly like to ask you, if anyone might have a solution for this problem:

I have several 3-D pictures of rooms and know the lenght of one side (the x-axis of a coordinate system).

On the ground of the room are certain (approx. 100 - 200) tiny objects, from which I do have to know the exact 3-D X-Y coordinates related to the left front corner of the room (Lets say, the left front corner is point 0/0 in an X-Y coordinate system).

So far I am familiar with measuring distances in 3-D using the plane and measurment tool of the vanishing point option (which actually works great!).

But it is a hell of work (and error-prone) to measure and then to write down the exact x-y-coordinates of each single object!

Does anyone know an option to lay a 3-D (to the vanishing point adapted) coordinate system above the room and then to record the object/pixel position by simply "clicking" on them?

I would be glad about your answer and help!

Best,

Jakob 

20180213_104221.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Hey Mylenium!

Thank you, for your answer.

I found the solution:

1. Measure the side distances via PS.

2. Use and calibrate the raster of KINOVEA (a small, free but very nice program to analyze sport movements) with the length data of PS and insert (and move) the integrated coordinate system in KINOVEA.

3. Use the marker option of KINOVEA and simply click on the objects to get the right 3D-coordinates.

4. Export data to csv.

The combination of both programs works great!

Best,

Jakob 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would require a genuine photogrammetry tool.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mylenium!

Thank you, for your answer.

I found the solution:

1. Measure the side distances via PS.

2. Use and calibrate the raster of KINOVEA (a small, free but very nice program to analyze sport movements) with the length data of PS and insert (and move) the integrated coordinate system in KINOVEA.

3. Use the marker option of KINOVEA and simply click on the objects to get the right 3D-coordinates.

4. Export data to csv.

The combination of both programs works great!

Best,

Jakob 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines