6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 5:08 PM by Newsgroup_User

FLV Player Skin Not Showing

noah977
      Hi,

I've to a strange problem. I want to play a video on my website. Should be easy enough. I imported a video into a flash document, setup a player with a standard skin and published the whole thing.

When I load the webpage, either on my local machine or from the remote webserver, the video starts playing immediately AND THERE ARE NO CONTROLS VISIBLE. I've tried placing the skin swf file everywhere with no success. The movie plays fine. (the swf player is finding the flv file.) It would just be nice to have the controls.

Does anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: FLV Player Skin Not Showing
          johnny_alpha
          (assuming all works ok when u preview on your local machine) The only time this has happened to me is was cos

a. when I uploaded the page to the server and selected "include dependent files" in Dreamweaver, it doesn't include the skin.

b. Make sure the skin.swf is in the same directory as the main.swf

c. In the .fla make sure the skin isn't masked by anything on a layer above the flv player.

Goodl Luck!
          • 2. Re: FLV Player Skin Not Showing
            noah977 Level 1
            I think you misunderstood.

The skin DOES NOT show up when I run the file locally on my machine. I CAN see it in Flash when building the file, but when I export to SWF, it doesn't show up in my local flash player.

• 3. Re: FLV Player Skin Not Showing
              margotdarby
              Could I see the skin, with or without the .flv? I've been working a lot with my own skins, and may spot something you've overlooked.
              • 4. Re: FLV Player Skin Not Showing
                admaker2.0
                Don't know if this would help you, but when i build a video player in flash I always build it, skin it, publish it, then take the skin file upload to my server, go back in to flash and provide a url to the skin i want to use, then publish again and import in to dreamweaver and upload thats it

Might help you, Then again it might be the wrong way of doing things. but it works for me.
                • 5. Re: FLV Player Skin Not Showing
                  allnamesused
                  I have the same problem. I import a video, use the prompts to add a skin and then the .flv is created. The skin shows on screen but does not show when plyed nor when it is published.
                  • 6. Re: FLV Player Skin Not Showing
                    Level 7
                    allnamesused wrote:
                    > I have the same problem. I import a video, use the prompts to add a skin and then the .flv is created. The skin shows on screen but does not show when plyed nor when it is published.

Only two reasons for that:

The path to the skin is wrong, commonly happen when you refer to your SWF in some
                    directory / folder and never adjust the path to the skin, assuming it will follow
                    the swf automatically.

Secondly, you have never upload the skin to server. It's a separate file which needs
                    to go along with your SWF and FLV.

--
                    Best Regards

Urami

--
                    "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                    If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                    </urami>