4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2008 11:43 PM by Newsgroup_User

D11 Projector under PowerPC (G4 Leopard)

Level 7
      Hi there folks.

I'm suffering a very odd "error" when testing my projector created from
      Director 11 running under an old PowerPC G4 running Leopard (10.5.1). When
      launched it complains about not having Shockwave installed!

But, it's not a Shockwave enabled projector - it's "standard" and there are
      no issue with it running under my MacIntel and no worries with it running
      under both XP and Vista.

The projector is essentially acting as a Flash 8 content wrapper, running a
      single instance of a Flash 8 asset which is in-turn calling a couple of
      PDF's via BuddyAPI. Nothing spectacular and nothing particularly out of the
      ordinary.

So with that, has anybody got any idea as to what the blooming heck is going
      on?

I know it's late (10pm GMT) but I could really do with some kind of idea as
      to what is going on as I need to get this out of the door by 10am tomorrow
      morning - failing that I'm going to have to do a very quick re-write under
      MX'04!!

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Mark.

• 1. Re: D11 Projector under PowerPC (G4 Leopard)
          Level 7
          Can you look inside your application bundle (assuming this is what's
          published) and ensure the required player libraries are present and that
          the Flash Asset Xtra version (and whatever other xtras are required) is
          correct. Did you check the 'Exclude all xtras' box on the Files tab of
          the Publish Settings dialog? If so, try un-checking it and republish.
          • 2. Re: D11 Projector under PowerPC (G4 Leopard)
            Level 7
            Hi Sean.

I've had a look inside the application bundle, but I'm really not sure as to
            what it is I'm looking for - ie., what should or shouldn't be there is
            beyond my knowledge base.

Yes, I did indeed initially set "exclude all Xtras" as being on - but when
            switching this off Director then began to complain about not being able to
            include an Xtra by the name of "."

Confused? Yes I sure am!

To get around the problem I've re-authored in MX2004 and all is well - this
            is my first trial experience of a commercial project in D11; and so far it's
            not filling me with confidence to say the least!

Just to re-iterate, I'm not doing/using anything out of the ordinary on this
            one - a single Flash 8 movie embedded that calls back to Director with an
            event handler when any one of three embedded buttons are pressed. Director
            then intercepts these event calls and opens a responding PDF via BuddyAPI
            (the latest version). And yet the projector is insisting I install Shockwave
            11 on our G4 test machine...!!

Many thanks once again and kind regards, Mark.

"Sean Wilson" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g0iah6$47l$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Can you look inside your application bundle (assuming this is what's
            > published) and ensure the required player libraries are present and that
            > the Flash Asset Xtra version (and whatever other xtras are required) is
            > correct. Did you check the 'Exclude all xtras' box on the Files tab of the
            > Publish Settings dialog? If so, try un-checking it and republish.

• 3. Re: D11 Projector under PowerPC (G4 Leopard)
              Level 7
              The insistence on Shockwave means something went wrong :-P
              What is difficult to tell without poking around in the projector bundle.
              You should have at least 3 libraries in there - the Mac versions being
              something like DPLib, IMLLib and ProjLib
              • 4. Re: D11 Projector under PowerPC (G4 Leopard)
                Level 7
                Hi Sean.

They're all in there - although the strange thing that I've just noticed is
                that then when publishing to create a projector with the Xtras included it
                adds Shockwave decompression. So, I'm going to give that one a shot and see
                what happens - as in exclude the Xtras, but ensure this particular Xtra
                resides in the folder externally.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Many thanks and kind regards, Mark.

"Sean Wilson" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:g0r8tr$e9f$2@forums.macromedia.com...
                > The insistence on Shockwave means something went wrong :-P
                > What is difficult to tell without poking around in the projector bundle.
                > You should have at least 3 libraries in there - the Mac versions being
                > something like DPLib, IMLLib and ProjLib