• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install Flash, message to close Chrome even though it's closed

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to download flash, it says that I need to close chrome even though it's closed. What should I do?

[moderator: edited title to accurately reflect issue being reported]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible Chrome, or some other application identifying itself as Chrome is still running in the background.  Use Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Manager (macOS) to see what 'Chrome' program is still running and then terminate it.

Note, however, that Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and there is no need to install it separately.  Chrome does disable Flash by default and you most likely just need to enable it.  See Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help  troubleshooting steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using any Chrome apps like Hangouts, they keep Chrome running in the background all the time.  You'll need to exit those, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines