Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

store persistent settings between photoshop sessions

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know this is a recurring topic and I do know it is possible to store settings between extendscript runs via putCustomOptions.

What I'm interested in is if it's possible to store these between sessions of running photoshop. (In my tests that didn't work)

Some more info:

I have a master panel extension that is running a set of tools which are in extendscript.

With cep I can easily write my own settings to json but I do like the modular setup I have now - also I prefer having the individual tools control their own UI's which are much easier to hook up with extendscript code.

I know how to call extendscript from the panel with parameters but I'm not sure if the reverse is possible..?

If yes, I could somehow send an object back from extendscript I could serialize it there.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

seb

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add optional parameter "true" to "putCustomOptions" and data will be persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jarda,

I do that already, can you confirm that this really makes the data persistent between launches of the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines