Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Project not appearing in the Server

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I published a project from robohelp 2017 to RH Server 10. I got the confirmation message that the project is published successfully. I find that the project folder with all published files in Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp Server 10\robo\server\general\projects\index folder. But when I access web server administrator screen,  I don't see my project in the Projects tab. Am I missing something?

Look forward to help.

Thanks,

Ranjini

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ranjini

Has your installation every worked properly, or are you just now getting started?

Is this the first time you have not be able to "see" a project show up in the web administrator Projects pane?

Did you publish to the default "general" Area, or have you created a custom Area (Such as "development" or "Live")

I would go ahead and create a new custom Area (Test) and publish a simple project to that Area. Check to see if it shows up.

Sometimes there can be a delay if there is a bit of latency in your server connection or the Administrator has set up some kind of caching.

Most of the time however, you should see the project show up fairly soon (minutes.)

Also:

Are you mixing types of projects in the same area? (WebHelp vs. Responsive HTML5).

Are you just testing on a local machine right now, or are you publishing to a live server? If so, what kind of server and what kind of database (the built-in database?)

Let us know.

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, John.

I appreciate your response. However I got the resolution. Here it is:

I had to publish the project to the context which I am administering. In Robohelp, I provided context name along with the server name. The syntax goes as follows:

To publish to the default context (robohelp), enter the server name in the http://<server-name>:<port-number>format. RoboHelp appends /robohelp/server to it. Else, to publish to a context other than robohelp, specify a complete URL in the format http://<server-name>:<port-number>/<context-name>/server.

Found the solution from:

Publish projects from RoboHelp (2015 release) to Adobe RoboHelp Server 10

Ranjini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp