• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom encountered user permission issues on launch

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no issues with Lightroom Classic CC until yesterday when the message came up when I started it up. I am using a Macbook on OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6, both the Macbook and Lightroom are on the current version (as at todays date).

I have been through all the suggestions in this article (Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch ). I tried the repair option to no avail, I manually checked the directories all show as read/write access, I am an admin user on the macbook, I then tried using the script which did not do anything at all. Finally I set up another admin account for myself and it still does not work.

I am currently ignoring the message and just using Lightroom anyway, as it appears to work without any problems at all. I would like to sort out why this has happened though so any suggestions to sort this out would be appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to say if you have already tried all of the suggested troubleshooting.

Did you install yesterday’s update to Lr Classic v7.2? If not, launch Creative Cloud and go to the Apps tab to check for the update. If no update is showing launch Lightroom and try from the menu:

Help >> Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, I just checked 99jon​ and all is up to date, so very odd. Only update I have available is Lightroom CC, which I am not using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K4WEA  wrote

Thank you for the suggestion, I just checked 99jon  and all is up to date, so very odd. Only update I have available is Lightroom CC, which I am not using.

If the CC DTA is showing an Update for LR CC that means you do have it installed. I suggest you uninstall that if you have no plans on using it. You can do that from the CC DTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, meant to say it states "Install" on Lightroom CC, not update, sorry for the confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the version of OS X on your Mac hasn't been updated without you knowing about it?

Can you open LR at all?

The update released yesterday for LR might of reset the GPU to ON, Checked. If you can't start LR to check that then you will need to make the change by editing a text file.

See solution 2 on this webpage.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes 100% not done without me knowing. I can open Lightroom and it all seems to work fine, just comes up with the error each time I open it up. I looked in the preferences and the GPU box is unchecked (which I presume is correct?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines