• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Export/Save tiff to jpg 300 dpi

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discovered a conundrum recently as I attempted to save my tiff file to a jpeg at 300 dpi. The online printer required jpg format but desires a 240 or 300 dpi to print a large size poster. Either "export" or "save as" reduces the 300 dpi tiff file to 72 dpi. What's interesting is if I use the "scripts > image processor" feature I can save as 300 dpi jpg file. Is this the workaround or I have I missed something? Of course, another workaround is to import the tiff file into Lightroom then export as a jpeg at 300 dpi.

So my question is why can't I "export" or "save as" a tiff file to a jpeg at 300 dpi?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Export saves the file at 72PPI, instead use Save As and select JPG from the Format drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export saves the file at 72PPI, instead use Save As and select JPG from the Format drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I'd swear that did not happen but alas you are correct Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no .jpg option in the drop-down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Save As then select JPG from the Format drop-down menu.

Screenshot 2018-12-11 at 09.13.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export does not save as 72 ppi. Export strips resolution metadata altogether - no 72, no 300, nothing. It's redundant and irrelevant for screen viewing.

The 72 figure appears when the file is reopened in Photoshop. It needs to have a ppi number for other reasons - any number will do - so it assigns 72 by default. Other applications may open as 96 ppi or any other figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour,

Voici mes problèmes: 
Quand j'exporte mes photos en Haute Résolution avec 300DPI elles s'enregistrent avec 72DPI (voir photos 1HD et 2HD). Quand j'exporte mes photos en format pour le web avec 72DPI elles s'enregistrent avec 300DPI (voir 3WEB et 4WEB).

J'ai essayé plusieurs solutions comme désinstaller et réinstaller, j'ai essayé avec une version antérieur et j'ai fait du codage avec quelqu'un du support technique d'adobe. Rien nefoncationnet et je ne sais plus quoi faire !! Qui à une solution ?

Merci 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines