• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS Paint color editor in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently noticed a issue (since probably at least a week ago) where clicking on a color in Photoshop only brings up the color editor from Microsoft Paint instead. To be clear, it doesn't open the MS Paint program too - its color editor just appears inside Photoshop for some reason instead of the one that would usually be there. It's literally 100% the same, so I'm guessing this has to be a glitch and not some weird setting that was accidentally turned on, but updating Photoshop didn't get rid of it and I can't seem to find any information about it. Has anyone else even heard of this problem or how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Hi

Go to Edit >Preferences >General >Color Picker and choose Adobe

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to Edit >Preferences >General >Color Picker and choose Adobe

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's a Preferences setting where you can choose either rhe Adobe Color Picker or the Microsft Color Picker.

Ctrl k to get to Preferences, General and at the top is a drop down menu for the default Color Picker. Select Adobe's Color Picker > OK and try again.

Apple's Color Picker is fun...you have the option  for Color Pencils.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 2.00.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines