3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2008 7:49 PM by Rothrock

Working with font symbols

Rothrock Level 5
      I'm trying to simulate the typing of a password in some training I'm doing. I want to use Black Circle \u25CF as the character to mask the input. The problem is that the character isn't included when I generate a Font Symbol. So the text never shows up.

Is there anyway to include extra characters into a library Font Symbol? Any effective way of getting a larger circle than the bullet? (Larger font would work, except it also makes the cursor larger!)

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Working with font symbols
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          How about using a dingbats font?
          • 2. Re: Working with font symbols
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            why not use the default * ?
            • 3. Re: Working with font symbols
              Rothrock Level 5
              I'm making some online training making some software simulations. So for example in the course of a few lessons we might have them type in a user name, password, and enter a RE: line in their e-mail.

I could use a dingbat of some sort, but I'm trying to make an easy to re(use) component that doesn't require to much fuss to drop into several different tasks. This is probably the approach I will have to use I was just hoping their was a way that maybe only one font would need to be embedded.

Many programs use many different characters and fonts to mask password entry. Most Windows XP password fields use the Black Circle instead of the asterisk or bullet. I've got those characters already for the places they are needed, but I need a bigger circle for others.