• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question -- Including MP4 animations in charts for Adobe Connect presentations

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been invited on several occasions in the past to deliver lectures to a university in Europe via the university's Adobe Connect app. The *.pptx chart set which accompanies my lecture includes three charts each of which contains a short *.MP4 animation. The animation are lost in the actual presentation. Adobe Tech Help keeps insisting that the work-around is saving the *.pptx  as a *.ppt chart set and/or using Adobe Presenter. I have tried the conversion to *.ppt which destroys the animations. I am reluctant to spend $499 on Adobe Presenter since the explanatory table on the Adobe Connect Website:

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/best-practices-sharing-pptx-files.html

suggests that Adobe Presenter will also be ineffective in handling animations:

PowerPoint Feature

Share PPTX without using the application or Adobe Presenter

Save PPTX as PPT and share

Share PPTX using the application or Adobe Presenter

Charts

Dropped

Preserved (Chart animations lost)

Preserved (Chart animations lost)

I do have a slide set that uses *.WMV animations . Will Adobe Connect work with that animation format? I also have a chart set where every frame in the animation is an individual PowerPoint slide and can probably be converted to <*.ppt> format but the system  needs high-speed automatic “presentation” timing in the sequencing in order to work (which I believe Adobe Connect does not have).

I infer that Adobe Connect is completely useless for charts with animations but I'd like to be proved wrong and I'd appreciate knowing if there is any work around.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a complete picture, when you upload your PPT(X) file to Connect it uses the Adobe Presenter conversion engine to change your presentation from a PPT file to a Flash presentation. So, whether you purchase Presenter or not, you are ultimately using that tool in some capacity.

I don't think that purchasing Presenter would solve the MP4 animation problem, but you could always download and install the trial version and test it. The issue I see is that MP4 content that is inserted via PPT is treated as a local file call. When the presentation gets converted to Flash, it has to play back with server rules, which disallows local file path calls. Thus the MP4 is dropped. If you can insert something else (GIF for example) that would likely translate to the Flash version of the presentation.

WMV animations probably won't act any differently, based on the fact that WMV is not a supported file type within Flash, which is what Connect runs in.

Now, if the presentation just has MP4 content that is embedded and you need to be able to play it back (I would just call this video content rather than animations) then you could use Presenter to embed the video in a way that it is packaged with the presentation. This is not possible without Presenter.

Alternatively, you could just upload the MP4s to a different Share pod (maybe on a different layout) and just switch to the desired video when you are ready to play it.

Hope that helps.

Jorma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines