1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 2:53 PM by Trevor.Dennis

How to straighten a 360/VR/Spherical Panorama in Photoshop?

davidtocc

Is it possible to straighten a spherical panorama in Photoshop?  For example, an equirectangular 360 photo taken with a Ricoh Theta S where the tripod wasn't leveled properly.  Right now, the only thing I can figure out is to open the photo in Premiere, which DOES have the ability to straighten spherical panorama (via the VR Rotate Sphere effect) and then export as a JPEG or TIFF, which seems pretty ridiculous to me.

I have opened the crooked photo in Photoshop, then 3D > Spherical Panorama > New Panorama From Selected Layers but can't figure out how to straighten it.  When I drag in the main image, it rotates the sphere, but doesn't let me straighten the horizon line.  There are 3 icons in the lower left corner that say orbit, pan, and dolly when I mouse over them, but they don't seem to do anything, or at least I can't figure out how to use them.

I've searched the forums and the open web, but the little bit that's out there suggests using plugins and other applications.  I need to be able to show other Photoshop users how to do this who only have Photoshop on their machine.

I'm using Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.0) on a PC laptop running Windows 10.