2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 5:06 AM by Teddrux

Not enough space in C drive

abdulaziza26702999

Hi,

My C drive (100GB) is filled to the brim to the level that whenever I want to open a photo in Lightroom to edit, I always get an error message saying that my C Drive is full and that I should free up some space.

Other than freeing up space, is there any way that I can solve this problem? I have my D Drive (1TB) But I can't use it for Lightroom which I find really frustrating! I don't even have any "Originals" or anything as I always delete any photo after I work on it. Is there some way that I can transfer my Lightroom to the D Drive?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Not enough space in C drive
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is a really small C drive. When you import, why can't you choose your D drive and build your Lightroom library on it? What version of Lightroom are you using?

• 2. Re: Not enough space in C drive
            Teddrux

I'm having the same issue.  I have a small C: drive that just runs windows and a few key applications.  I have a larger SSD for the rest of my applications and then disk drives for basic storage.  Lightroom CC seems to want to extra storage from C: even though neither the application or library are stored on that drive.  The only software related stored on C: is Creative Cloud, as I understand there is no way around that.

Any assistance would be great.