• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove error msg pop up window about font when opening document? ​

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created pdf with Acrobat XI, and good to go, except that I get a Font ​error message window when opening --even with Adobe Reader. Thx

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that if you are getting a warning message, then something is wrong with your fonts that'll need to be fixed. What exactly is the message. Please post a screen shot.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I tried to upload screen shot of error message, but could not figure out how to upload a file.  The window that pops up when I open the document says THE FONT DQWVLA+BASKERVILLE-BOLDITAL CONTAINS BAD/Widths.

I really don't want to mess with my fonts if I don't have to. I just want to be able to remove the error message before sending the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an unusual error message. What is the origin of this PDF?

The message refers to an Embedded Font Subset that has an error.

If you can recreate the PDF in a different way, then do it. There's a strong possibility that the PDF creation software did a bad job.

Next, I'd try removing this subset by saving as Optimized.

In fact, saving as optimized might repair the issue without removing the subset.

If not, then try saving to PDF/A, this conversion might also fix it.

And finally try the Preflight options for fonts. there might be something in there that will help with this issue. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would most strongly endorse Thom Parker's requests/recommendations.

How did you “create the PDF with Acrobat 11?” What application was the source of the PDF? And where did you obtain the font and what format is it (Type 1, TrueType, OpenType?)

And if you are willing to post a sample of the PDF file (sending me a private message on the forums), here at Adobe we might be able to determine what's going on underneath.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that if you click 'File' then 'Save as Other' and choose the option 'Press-Ready PDF (PDF/X), the error message won't show up anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines