• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Filter error

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm a PS newbie, although pretty experienced with LR. I'm watching lots of video tutorials and like the look of working on a photo in the Camera Raw Filter. The problem is I can't see any alterations I am making to the image. It only shows when I close the filter. It obviously doesn't do that in any how-to videos.

I also don't get the start window when I open PS or the essentials view, just a black screen.

Thanks for reading and hoping someone can give this newbie a hand!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Try resetting camera raw preferences, which are different than resetting PS. In Bridge right click on an image and the click on "Open in Camera Raw." Immediately after clicking, press ctrl/cmd-alt/opt-shift. You should see a dialog box asking to reset the preferences. If you don't, you didn't press the keys fast enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, you can open Photoshop and load an image and then choose Filter > Camera Raw Filter.

You can't see your changes as you make them but they appear after you click OK --  but the image appears on a black screen; not the usual Photoshop screen with Tools and Panels.

Go to Preferences > General ...and in the lower right choose Reset Preferences on Quit.

See if the problem is resolved when you restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Norman, but that did nothing I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting camera raw preferences, which are different than resetting PS. In Bridge right click on an image and the click on "Open in Camera Raw." Immediately after clicking, press ctrl/cmd-alt/opt-shift. You should see a dialog box asking to reset the preferences. If you don't, you didn't press the keys fast enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines