3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 2:50 PM by rodrigoc74782997

New update makes Lr not open on my computer

rodrigoc74782997

Im running Lr on Mac OS X 10.9.5. It was working just fine until I made the latest update, yesterday. It now crashes before opening.

I installed a prior version but it will not support tethered capture with my Canon 5DS R.

• 1. Re: New update makes Lr not open on my computer
          BWW49 Level 1

I have the same problem. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. LR was running fine until I did the update yesterday. Now it will not open at all. I keep getting that darn screen telling me it crashed and asks me to send a report to Adobe. I have spent the entire day trying to get this fixed to no avail. I really don't want to uninstall LR and reinstall and then probably have to restore my catalogue from a backup and reinstall all of my presets from LR on my laptop. Incidentally, I have not had this problem with my laptop running Windows 10. On the laptop the update installed correctly and LR is working. The problem is on my main desktop computer. I'm wasting time and money here. I hope someone can help. Beowulf

• 2. Re: New update makes Lr not open on my computer
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

With that version of OS X the latest version of LR you can use is CC 2015.6.1/6.6.1.

** Lightroom CC 2015.1/Lightroom 6.1 and earlier versions are supported on Mac OS X v10.8. Lightroom CC 2015.6.1/Lightroom 6.6.1 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X v10.9. Lightroom CC 2015.6.12/Lightroom 6.12 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X v10.10.

So you either have to downgrade LR by uninstalling then go to this link,

Download Photoshop Lightroom

And download the Base Installer and the 6.6.1/2015.6.1 update.

Then Never check for updates again.

Or upgrade OS X to 10.11.x or above.

• 3. Re: New update makes Lr not open on my computer
              rodrigoc74782997 Level 1

Problem solved, thanks a bunch.