• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste from one script to another?

Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a scene from an old script I'm trying to paste into a new script, but Story won't seem to allow this. Anyone know of a way to make this happen? It's a whole lot to have to retype. Seems silly the application would require me to do that.

Both are formatted as film scripts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Hi Lehestro

This may sound bizarre but could you try copy and pasting your scene into something like windows notepad ( or similar) then recopy what you put in notepad and then try pasting in Adobe Story. Ive had that issue once before and that little trick worked. I suspect it was more a windows issue than an Adobe Story issue. If it works great!

Dould I possibly ask you  to consider adding a comment in support of keeping Adobe Story going on the following thread? The hope would be that if enough

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lehestro

This may sound bizarre but could you try copy and pasting your scene into something like windows notepad ( or similar) then recopy what you put in notepad and then try pasting in Adobe Story. Ive had that issue once before and that little trick worked. I suspect it was more a windows issue than an Adobe Story issue. If it works great!

Dould I possibly ask you  to consider adding a comment in support of keeping Adobe Story going on the following thread? The hope would be that if enough people contributed Adobe may listen.

Story Discontinued...

Thanks

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, I'll give this a go.

And yes, I absolutely will add a comment. I was very upset to hear about its discontinuation. We should also give feedback through the feature request/bug report web page. They see 100% of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lehestro. We tried through the Feature Request facility but Adobe have placed a redirect on it taking you back to the forums. At the beginning of next week I will make contact with people I personally know in Adobe and ask if they could look at it. Fingers crossed.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines