3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2018 12:55 PM by ralphs26798824

Crash rate jump

My Android app's crash rate has skyrocketed since Jan 26 even though I didn't publish a new version at that time.

The app doesn't load any external ads and on my nexus 5 it still runs fine, so I don't know where the problem is.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

• 1. Re: Crash rate jump
          jcesarmobile_ Adobe Community Professional

If you didn't update the app, then something else might have been updated. System webview was updated in January 30th, did the crash rate changed after that date?

• 2. Re: Crash rate jump
            bluef96355896 Level 1

It seems like it started to rise before that, but I think maybe I should try using crosswalk webview plugin and see what happens.

• 3. Re: Crash rate jump
              ralphs26798824 Level 1

I've recently seen a spike in Android crashes too, specifically in the new Android 8.0. For me, it was related to the camera plugin which needed updating for compatibility.

Take a look at HockeyApp;

<plugin source="npm" name="cordova-plugin-hockeyapp"/>

This catches and reports crashes back, allowing you to see the stack trace, device info and any app specific meta data. As PGB does not export the debug symbols, it is not always clear but gives you a good idea to what is going on, where and what devices / versions.