• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library filters by color.

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lightroom master catalog with around 30,000 images in it.

These are grouped into various folders, collections and smart collections, they all contain key words as well.

I use key words to search for various images however I am working on a project and would like to filter images into colors if possible.

So the question is, can I use the Lightroom library filter to find and display for me, say, all images that have a yellow color as the main tone.

An example is below. kind of what I'm trying to do without spending ages scrolling through thousands of images looking for the color yellow.yellow.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Maybe try John Ellis's  Any Vision plugin which "lets you sort photos by dominant color, as determined by Google's undocumented algorithm".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is relatively easily achieved using the new Sensei AI based search in Lightroom CC. However, this technology is not yet in Lightroom Classic. As such, you'll need to continue using whatever method you've been using up to now. Alternatively, you could download a copy of Lr CC then import your images into same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting back with that information.

I did not realize that the Lightroom CC app could perform that kind of search. I'm not sure how practical it would be to download the app and then import 30,000 images to it.

For the time being I will continue using my current method of searching, slowly and laboriously searching my database.

Cheers

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try John Ellis's  Any Vision plugin which "lets you sort photos by dominant color, as determined by Google's undocumented algorithm".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that tip off john, I'll give it a go.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines