• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap sizes

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have decided to use bootstrap for the first time for a university project. (Web design isn't my course so I'm a beginner).

My tutor has told me that he will be testing the sites on a standard sized screen and on an Iphone 5, that he said was around 320px.
When i set up the site initially the small size is 768px I think. Does this mean that it will scale to small for anything under that size or do I need to change the small size to a lower number?
I have also been told about the developer tools in Google Chrome and that it allows me to view what it would be like on various phone screens, so if my settings are wrong when I come to view it, is there a way that i can change the screen size settings.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Start over.  Create a new site folder for your new project.  Site > New Site.  Example:  C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Once your site is defined, go To File > New Starter Templates > Bootstrap Templates.  Choose a layout and hit Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Save your new document as index.html

DW will create appropriately linked Assets folders & files for you.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bootstrap is a mobile-first framework.  You don't need to do much to have content display correctly on mobile phones as 1 column is the default.

At this stage, don't worry too much about the actual pixel values.   Just remember that Bootstrap is a 12-box grid system with 4 classes:

• xs (mobile portrait),
  • sm (mobile landscape & tablet),
  • md (tablet landscape & desktop)
  • lg (bigger desktops). 

See below for details.

Bootstrap Grid System

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've just started it any how but it only gave me small, medium and large, no extra small.

One other problem I have is that it has put a link in the code to an old css from a previous site I wrote that wasn't bootstrap but when I created the html file there is a link at the top for bootstrap.css along with 2 javascript links. How do I correct this? Do I delete the link in the code and link the bootstrap.css (which isn't a saved file in my site folder). I did hear that I don't need to use css with bootstrap but that came from somebody who uses something other than DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start over.  Create a new site folder for your new project.  Site > New Site.  Example:  C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Once your site is defined, go To File > New Starter Templates > Bootstrap Templates.  Choose a layout and hit Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Save your new document as index.html

DW will create appropriately linked Assets folders & files for you.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. I'm all in working order now. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's OK, I worked it out. I created another page and it linked the css correctly so I replaced the link with the correct one. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines