3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 5:06 AM by krawfo

Right & Left Arrow Keys Not Working

krawfo Level 1

I have a Mac running Sierra and LR Classic CC  6.14 [ 1149743 ].  The keyboard is a standard issue Apple wireless keyboard.  I reset the Preferences file but R & L arrow keys don't work but the Up & Down ones do.  If I open a Word file, all 4 arrow keys work so I know it must be a LR problem.  To further muddy the waters, all of the arrow keys work in LR with my wired USB Apple keyboard.  I don't want to use it since the "O" key doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Right & Left Arrow Keys Not Working
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There isn't anything in Lightroom to configure the keyboard. Since there will be no more updates for Lightroom 6, it seems to me that you'll have to assume it's a problem with the keyboard or with your operating system. I don't know of anything you can do in Lightroom that will change the behavior.

• 2. Re: Right & Left Arrow Keys Not Working
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Is there a different character printed on the L & R arrow keys along with the arrows. If there is that is tell you it has a Dual Function and to activate the Dual function for one of those you have to also hold down the Fn key.

This is a Setting in the OS or in some keyboard software to change the function from secondary to primary or the other way around.

• 3. Re: Right & Left Arrow Keys Not Working
              krawfo Level 1

There is only one symbol (arrow) printed on those keys.  All the arrows worked in LR5 so it must be some idiosyncrasy with LR6.  I had to upgrade my OS in order to install LR 6 so maybe it's a problem with the LR6/Sierra combination.