Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC - Update Error 100600

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we're deploying Adobe Reader DC though GPO (MSI form AIP).

Until now updates was disabled, now I want to enable continouus updates.

I set the necessary registry keys to enable it but updates fail stating Error 100600 "updates have been disabled by your system policy".

How ever, this occur even on a manual installation without any mst or other restrictions. Just double clicking the MSI and go through the installation.

Updates are successfull if I install from exe.

Is it possible to do an initial installation through GPO and then continue with automatic updates?

Regards,

Hermann

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same trouble here. I used Acrobat Customization Wizard with the following settings on the "Online Services and Features" page. Upon trying to update, I receive "Updates have been disabled by your system policy. Error:100600"

I don't want to manually deploy updates. How can I get the updater to work properly?

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems activating updates through registry or GUI has only effect to the visibility of Help > Search for Updates.

The functionality is still inactive.

This is annoying because Adobe has a great update mechanism, compared to others e.g. Java 😕

It's just to have an inital installation with company specific settings.which is the same for all users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hermann,

Could you please try logging as an administrator and check for update again, does that work?

You may also try the suggestions given on the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Acrobat X - Check for updates returns "Updates have been disabled by your system policy"​

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

updating fron Adobe Reader GUI as domain administrator still fails with the same error.

I think automatic updates using Adobe Acrobat Update Service (running under LocalSystem) is independent from the Help-menu > Search for Updates in Adobe Reader.

Any way, the automatic updates work fine, if Adobe Reader has been installed manually with the exe installer but it does not if deployed from AIP.

Regards,

Hermann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems as Hermann. Adobe Reader DC Version 2018.011.20035 deployed through GPO, same settings as Hermann on the 'Online Services and Features' section of the Customization Wizard. Any advice?

I had read somewhere that if you don't accept the EULA that updates are not enabled. Could the 'Suppress display of End User License Agreement (EULA)' option being checked under the 'Personalization Options' section of the Acrobat Customization Wizard be causing an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here.  GPO rollout via msi was done in Jan 2017.  All clients updated without an issue until 2018.009.20050 where all stopped with this error.  New GPO deployed to test clients (2018.011.20035) results in the same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines