• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Experience [Still unable to install Lightroom CC: Exit Code: 156]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you all for your help over last three months and provide a summary of where I am with Lightroom CC.

I was able to install Lightroom CC and transfer some photos. Unfortunately, the process froze, and I am not able to restart Lightroom.  Nor I am able to reinstall a new instance of Lightroom CC with Admin privileges.

While Lightroom was importing photos, two cryptic messages were generated every 15 -20 min from Windows.

1. “Unauthorized changes blocked

Controlled Folder Access blocked

C:\lightroomhelp…. from making changes to the folder  %us..\LightroomCC

1. “Unauthorized changes blocked

Controlled Folder Access blocked

C:\dynamic link media… from making changes from to the folder

%userprofile% \Doc….\Adobe

I did allow the following apps through the Control folder:

1. lightroomcc.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC

1. Photoshop.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe\Photoshop CC 2018

Where am I now. 

I am not able to use Lightroom CC and I get the following message:

Exit Code: 156

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroomCC-mul', version:1.2.0.201801311556

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroomCC-mul Version: 1.2.0.201801311556). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\..\Desktop\Lightroom CC.lnk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to open the executable (lightroomcc.exe), I get the message: Contact Adobe technical support. Error :5

The Lightroom CC directory is created at \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC and it seems to contain all the files.

If this continues, it possible to change my subscription to Lightroom Classic CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new user account with Admin Rights. Then do a clean install of LR CC into the new account. If that is successful, LRCC will be available to all users and you can switch back to your regular Windows user log-in. See this similar thread for more information:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2405109

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thomas Knoblauch Feb 19, 2018 11:07 AM

I want to thank you all for your help.

I have a time constraint  to get a version of lightroom up and running so I forked over the money and was able to install Lightroom Classic CC without a problem.  I will follow how Lightroom CC progresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines