• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ongoing Issue Adobe Acrobat DC Not Responding at Startup

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the threads on here and this appears to be an ongoing issue. Let me know what files you need and where to send them?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no change over several versions of Acrobat DC over the last year.  Running the latest creative cloud.

Current Version :  Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20035

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Issue: When opening any PDF or just Acrobat DC the program becomes unresponsive after about 15 seconds and then is fully functional after about 85 seconds.  This issue does not happen if you open the pdf in Acrobat DC Reader.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samuelc,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have released an update on 23 February for Adobe Acrobat and Reader with the fix for the issues. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20...

Please check and update the application.

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update wasn't available to install via the Adobe Cloud desktop app but I downloaded the version for DC and now it's updated to ver .20038. Unfortunately the same issue persists with the unresponsive window at startup.  Are there any logs you want me to capture and send somewhere so someone can see what's causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samuelc,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned here Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software  

Try once the recreate the preferences of the application.

Take help of the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If that does not help, uninstall the application using the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs.

Then restart your system and then install the application from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check if that helps.

If you still experience the issue, please use this tool Download Acrobat and Reader Process Monitor Tool - Adobe Labs to capture the log files.

You can take steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud share the log files with us.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I PM'd you the file link. Let me know if I should send it somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and what it is doing, I see that the app freezes when it begins to load my account details. This is what the right side of my toolbar looks like before the program freezes

2019-01-03_22h54_48.png

and this is what it looks like when it becomes responsive again

2019-01-03_22h53_19.png

Now I'm no Adobe engineer but from what I see I would make the wild guess that either some required FS-related initialization procedure is super inefficient OR some other optional procedure (like retrieving my account details) is done in a blocking manner instead of allowing it to finish in the background.

Whatever it is please fix this once and for all as it's super annoying and judging by the number of threads that I found regarding this problem, it's been happening for years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exactly same issue. The Acrobat DC is not responding when the log in process is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same symptome for me too!

It is never too much to remind UI developers - NEVER do important stuff in the UI thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have checked for updates and I have had the latest one.  This "not responding" and taking forever, if at all, to open started yesterday when I went to convert a Word 2016 document to PDF.  When it finally opened in Adobe DC Pro it shows the blue circle which means it's processing bet never finishes.  I'm going into task manager to shut it down.

I closed up all windows and then tried to open the Adobe DC and it quickly changes to "not responding".

Please help.

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with the most recent update of Adobe Acrobat.  Version 19.010.20069.49826.  The file opens and immediately freezes to not responding for 15-20 seconds.  This issue needs your attention for the price of your software.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue also , very frustrating when trying to get invoices edited and out , doubling my work time.. And Adobe are not very easy to get hold off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

This "slow processing" and "not responding" started with me yesterday when I went to covert Word 2016 to a PDF.  Today, when I tried to open a PDF file directly it did the same thing.  It feels like it takes forever to process.  I can see that it is even when it says "not responding".

There was a recent Windows update.  Would that be the reason?  Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In our Enterprise environment, multiple Adobe Acrobat DC (some Pro) users are experiencing the Not Responding issue...  This began last week and more and more users have come forth with the problem.  Any suggestions?  All clients are on the latest revision.  I have also ran a repair on the application, no luck.

Thanks,

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

I was receiving help from a tech who had remote control of my computer.  He tried a number of things, deleted all Acrobat from registry.  Eventually he was unable to help because my system was extremely slow.  At that point I thought maybe I had a virus.  I did a full virus scan which was negetive, however Microsoft Defender showed I had very poor health and trouble with my apps..

It offered a solution called "Fresh Start" which said it cleans up and deletes apps, but my files would be safe.  I plunged in and used it.  This took a while to complete.  When finished it gave me a complete list of all the apps that were deleted. 

I slowly put things back, drivers, graphics, etc.  I reinstalled Office 365, intel, etc.  I left Adobe to the last and was holding my breath when the latest version was installing.

Everything is fine now and my pc is back to being faster than it was before the "not responding" happened.

I am no tech on this, but this process helped me.

Good luck!

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here (San Francisco, not that it matters )

I've tried contacting Adobe Support on phone, twitter, chat, and finally via a remote control chat, which didn't work, although I had to cut the call short because the agent started to ask me to modify my Core MacOS files, which I wasn't comfortable with.

I'm using a (new) 2018 MacBook Pro, and for me, no many how many times I reinstall Adobe Acrobat, I get the same issue

I quickly get a never-ending loading ball and then see that the program is Not Responding. This is obviously an issue on Adobe's end. Hopefully they release a patch soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

Press Ctrl alt del while adobe acrobat reader dc is running (this opens the task manager)

Find adobe acrobat reader dc under processes

right click - properties

run compatability troubleshooter

choose recomended settings

Program responded normally after this procedure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, 1803 with latest updates. It's 64-bit of course. Acrobat Reader DC is 'proudly' 32-bit. The MS compatibility troubleshooter reported "AcroRd32 is incompatible." and applied the Windows 8 compatibility mode. Now Acrobat Reader DC starts up without the 10-20 seconds of unresponsive time that has irritated me for a long time.

Thank you ab19481369 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to get this issue and then it was fixed. Now with the newest update (19.010.20064), the issue is back. Whatever you did, please fix it again. You made me start outlining pdf files created in InDesign in Acrobat DC because of the bug in InDesign that makes outlining text wonky. Now you've taken that away with this bug.

Please fix your programs Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to add-in that I am having the same issue on a client computer, except with Reader DC version 19.010.20069.49826.

The client told me that there wasn't any problem yesterday, but today it's been painfully slow.  The computer is Win10 v1803 with 8GB RAM, and should NOT be having any trouble with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I had it maybe a year ago and now it's back. Right when I need to read some docs for a new job.

It opens and then just beachball spins (Mac) ... and that's it. I've deleted prefs. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been ongoing for several months and Adobe engineers have been trying to fix it with zero results.

The problem seems to be that Adobe is loading Acrobat with new non-essential tiny features year after year and now the software entity is so complicated that no one is able to fix it anymore.

My suggestion is that make a SIMPLE and STRIPPED version of Acrobat for heavy users who really dont need ALL features. I for example ONLY need opening, copying, pasting, closing and re-naming of documents. Free Acrobat Reader is not an option because copy-pasting is (intentionally) not working swiftly in it.

I am willing to pay double price of a stripped and simple Acrobat which is NOT crashing and lagging!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue here. Things have been buggy in general since the last update, but Acrobat started hanging up just opening a simple one-page PDF. I thought maybe it was corrupt, so I uninstalled and I have been trying to reinstall all day. It hangs up around 42% and then fails. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CS desktop app, trashing preferences, disabling my virus software and firewall, using the cleaner, trying to install Acrobat from the direct download link, and finally uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since gone in as if I were going to uninstall and instead clicked repair...it worked its magic and its absolutely fine now. Happy days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines