• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia OpenGL Driver crash on startup

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having a really annoying issue with Premiere Pro CC 2018.

Ever since the latest Windows 10 Creators Update Premiere consistently causes the Nvidia OpenGL Driver to crash upon loading a project. Specifically, it crashes once Premiere tries to load the first videoclip into the preview monitor. Opening JUST the program works fine.

Open Gl error.jpg

Windows gives these error reports (sorry, they are in German):

Quelle

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Zusammenfassung

Nicht mehr funktionsfähig

Datum

‎20.‎02.‎2018 16:44

Status

Der Bericht wurde gesendet.

Beschreibung

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Problemsignatur

Problemereignisame: BEX64

Anwendungsname: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Anwendungsversion: 12.0.1.69

Anwendungszeitstempel: 5a4defd6

Fehlermodulname: nvoglv64.dll

Fehlermodulversion: 23.21.13.9077

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 5a67b485

Ausnahmeoffset: 0000000000fde979

Ausnahmecode: c0000409

Ausnahmedaten: 0000000000000007

Betriebsystemversion: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Gebietsschema-ID: 3079

Zusatzinformation 1: 7a26

Zusatzinformation 2: 7a26cd0dd2f7883f2e807cfd8dcb829c

Zusatzinformation 3: 5e40

Zusatzinformation 4: 5e400ab0022931b1faaca398e3eb9b37

Weitere Informationen über das Problem

Bucket-ID: 381734f7dec2a3b7b000a7843b520698 (1153105690979600024)

------------------------------------

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close.

Error code: 3 (subcode 2)

(pid=4740 tid=2144 adobe premiere pro.exe 64bit)

-------------------------------------

I am using a Quadro M4000 with the latest ODE-Driver 390.77.

Funny enough, if I open Premiere right after booting my machine, it usually opens fine and I can work with it for as long as I want without any errors. Only when I open other programs like my browser or my mail client, sometimes even just browsing folders, causes Premiere to crash the OpenGL driver upon launching later on.

I already talked to a Nvidia support member, they made me try different power settings on my machine and in the Nvidia Control panel, but that didn't change anything. So they told me to report this problem here as well to see if there are any known issues or solutions to that problem.

Some ideas what's happening here? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

You can find it in the NVIDIA Control panel, this is in italian but i hope you can understand where it is:

and, yes, with this setting seems there is no more OpenGL error.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same happens to me with Premiere and Aftereffects

Captura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.

where the hell is the Adobe chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, and I updated everything to the latest versions: the OS, the Nvidia drivers (Quadro M4000 v. 416.30), and the Premiere PRO to 13.01. Everything is OK until I create or open a sequence (I use DNxHD type). That's when I get NVIDIA OpenGL Driver error code: 3 (subcode 2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lomarx's suggestion, changing Manage 3d Settings from Base Profile to 3D App-Visual Simulation on the Global Settings tab in the NVIDIA Control Panel fixed this for me too (at least for now). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you might try is language consistency.  Install English version of Adobe software only on an English version of Windows.  Install German Adobe software on German Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Windows are installed in Spanish and Premiere too. Additionally, we have four Windows and Premiere in english.

Everyone has that problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The posted image shows mixed languages.  Something is non-standard there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10 is set up in German, also Premiere is running in German. Only the error message is in English and that is something i can not influence. I highly doubt that this is a language consistency problem, since other people who are running everything in Egnlish are having the same issue.

Also a user from Nvidia tech forum suggested to use a special preset in Nvidia Control Panel, namely "3D App Visual Simulation". From his experience using the standard profile or anything else caused the crash, while this preset seems to work fine. I tested it and it also solves the issue on my machine.

So probably the error is caused by some feature, that is disabled or not used with this certain preset. Nvidia dev team hasn't yet come up with a reply, only that they are looking into it.

By the way, you probably only get these presets in Nvidia Control Panel when you are using a Quadro Card, I THINK GeForce Cards don't offer those.

Maybe this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I personally had a Quadro M1000 this error occurred and only the video editing preset worked. Now I am using Premiere on HP Quadro M1200 and the same happened. Now video editing didn't work so I thought I couldn't fix it. Until you came along and told about visual simulation. You saved my day. or week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my guess would be, at least Quadros are really vulnerable for this issue. And apparently also the titan 1080. We should see what is the real issue. Than visual simulation would be turned off and only premiere settings in NVidia contol panel could be changed. Personally I would prefer that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try to restore your system to a point when you clearly remember that everything was ok. Save all the files you need then restore Your Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Windows and PC are completely new, we can't restore anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Quadro M2000, English versions of everything, and all the updates (Windows, Adobe).  I have upgraded from Nvidia driver version 390.65 to 390.77 and I am having the same problem.

On the positive side, I have noticed a much lower CPU utilisation when playing back video files using the default Windows player.  So, perhaps, there are some performance improvements in the driver, but some bugs at the same time.

Could someone from Adobe try to push Nvidia for a fix.  The bug is very easy to reproduce as described in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with a Quadro K2200 and Nvidia driver version 390.77. 

At the end of the day yesterday video playback in the preview window slowed to a crawl while the audio continued on at normal speed. I closed Premiere and reopened, and have had the above error message every time since.  Haven't been able to do my work all day long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something useful:  I followed the advice of "birdy" in the post here https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1029897/quadro-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-w...  and was immediately up and editing again.  Hope this helps someone else as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some positive news: I have just installed driver version 391.03 (23.21.13.9103), and so far it seems that this issue has disappeared.

/Karol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not for me. I'll try to reinstall with clean installation option.

I'll let you know

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems now, with new driver, works well after 2 days of work with Premiere Aftereffects and Photoshop

Thank you

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im with the P4000 Driver:390.77 and after 3 days needed to install again the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the latest driver (391.03) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just got the error even with Driver Version 391.03

As before, the profile "Visual Simulation" works fine, everything else causes the open GL error.

greets, Dominik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, when I close Premiere, got the error with 391.03

Now I'll try "Visual Simulation" profile and pray...

Thank you

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today when switching between youtube and premiere i got the error with 391.03.

What is the visual simulation that you talking about?

Best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find it in the NVIDIA Control panel, this is in italian but i hope you can understand where it is:

and, yes, with this setting seems there is no more OpenGL error.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines