• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC - still beta?

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting quite frankly sick and tired of Photoshop as it seems to cause more and more problems lately. I was wondering if anyone else experiences problems that come and go on random chance
-Crashing when trying to print
-Constantly crashing OpenCL driver
Sometimes resetting seems to help, but I am sick of having to reset my preferences once a week.
I tried newer drivers, older drivers, everything seems to be in order with my machine.
To make matters worse some problems are actually present on other computer.
For example, recently I am working on things that require many small, identical shapes to be placed in the image (between 100-250) objects which need to placed individually. I achieve that by drawing the shape, rasterizing and copying it in as many copies as I need.
The problems that occur on both machines are:
I will make multiple copies of the said shape.
They will appear on the layers panel, however when I try to move the shape to it's location expecting other copies to be underneath, there is nothing there! Photoshop shows multiple copies of a layer however they are nowhere to be seen.
Other times layers will copy and place fine, I will be able to select a layer and move it, but the troubles start when I try to use Free Transform, Photoshop claims that layer is empty. How could be empty since I just clicked on it and dragged the object across the screen?!

I have never had these problems before, assuming one of the more recent updates must've caused it. Leads me to believe that my computers are not to be blamed and they are than capable of handling that workload, since they've done it before.
One is a desktop with a 4 core i7, 32GB of RAM and Radeon 280X card the other one is a Dell XPS laptop also with a 4 core i7 and 8GB of RAM and a GeForce GPU.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sebastians42242221  wrote

I am getting quite frankly sick and tired of Photoshop as it seems to cause more and more problems lately

The group of users that feel like you is  growing.  Perhaps when that group becomes huge Adobe will realize they have a problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

-Crashing when trying to print.

No I've not had that happen, I assume when you said you have updated the drivers that includes print drivers. Do you get a crash message?

-Constantly crashing OpenCL driver

Does it crash randomly or when switching from Camera raw/Lightroom (or from and to the camera raw filter). If so try unchecking use graphics processor in Preferences Camera Raw.
You can disable Open CL in Preferences Performance

The problems that occur on both machines are:
I will make multiple copies of the said shape.
They will appear on the layers panel, however when I try to move the shape to it's location expecting other copies to be underneath, there is nothing there! Photoshop shows multiple copies of a layer however they are nowhere to be seen.

I have not experienced that. If you get a file where it is happening can you post a link?- I'd be happy to try it here to see if it may be something in the file

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a standard Windows application crash
It usually crashes on start if it's OpenCL related, or when trying to print.
I don't want to disable OpenCL, I didn't buy a computer that supports a feature, only not to use it. I can't imagine my life without smooth zoom and nice edges.
It's not a specific file. I can start from scratch on blank background and same will be happening without introducing any outside files. Just blank background and shapes.
Edit:

@Paula Shin
I have also noticed general slowness in last few months. As you describe, very often when moving and transforming not necessarily a big object they do act like a much heavier one. Also found that Exporting to Web feature is dreadfully slow when dealing with larger res files. Community has been asking for years for option to disable the preview generation, which often is unnecessary and takes waaaaay longer than it should. Those requests and many others fall on deaf ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really ask that myself everytime I update the program.

I was using CC 2015 up until yesterday, cause I just don't trust the updates.

Now today I jumped to CC 2018 because the new features are just too god. But it is filled with problems that CC 2015 didnt had anymore.

To pay monthly for a program that I can only update once every year (cause the new version is usually full of glitches) is pretty infuriating.

I don't have the problems you mentioned... I have other ones. 😕
Most of them related to lags. Every element I try to move in my composition is "heavier" and non responsive. Specially compared to CC 2015.

Still waiting for a reply from adobe 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines