• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited InDesign file exporting much larger than original. How to get rid of "Content Streams" bloat?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The first time I saved out this catalog (V1), the file size when exported as a print PDF was pretty good for a ~90pg catalog, less than 9MB. It then can reduce to 2.3MB when zipped.

However, I've recently updated it (V2) and have been having struggles with exporting as a print PDF. I saved V1 as a new file, made the changes (added a couple more pages, not nearly enough to explain this kind of increase), and then exported. The print PDF came out 24MB. I was able to reduce it to 16MB through Acrobat's "Optimized PDF" window and removed some of the bloat. But I can just not get rid of that extra bulk! When I zip the file, it does not get smaller.

I've attached two screenshots of the Acrobat "Optimized PDF" screenshots. As you can see, "Content Streams" has become huge. I'm not sure how to reduce it.

V1:

v1.png

V2:

v2.png

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll get best answers from the Acrobat forums.

Try a Google search on "Acrobat PDF Content Streams" and you'll see several suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You‘ve Saved it as tagged. Not needed for a print file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines