• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Always syncing 1 photo?

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ever since I got the new lightroom along with the old, I did what I believe I was supposed to do and created a migration folder and also uploaded all my photos to the cloud.

I had 1 sync error and deleted it (I think), it doesn't show up as a sync error anyway. But I have Classic ALWAYS saying it's syncing 1 photo.I don't know how to fix this. Anybody?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

So, I went into LR Classic, Lightroom> Preferences> Lightroom sync menu, and deleted 45 images it said it was downloading. After finding each image on your cloud, I deleted them. (repeat) That finally did it after what 3 hours? What a waste of time. Thankfully, the good ones were not the original ones, although it is hard to guess how many hours I had spent editing those in the first place.

I certainly hope this isn't going to be a common occurrence. And its possible it's my fault in the first pl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FroDar52,

Sorry you're having difficulty syncing from Lightroom Classic CC. Could you please help us with a screenshot of your Lightroom> Preferences> Lightroom sync menu as the one shown below?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Here's the screenshot:

Capture.PNG

I guess something is going on, but what I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please expand the "Sync activity" panel and see which one is pending syncing. Try to find that image in your Lightroom library or verify whether it is synced to Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom or not.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is a little more info though I don't know if it will help.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:19 PM, Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None show their pending and none are downloading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG2.PNG

Nothing is pending and even though it says these are downloading nothing is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one that previously showed as a sync error , I checked and it's there, both on my hard drive and in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So looking at:

Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

I don't see the image that had the original sync error.

I have two images in LR classic as shown, saying that it's synced. but I'm not finding it online. So I'm guessing that's the issue.

Can you tell me what I can do?Capture.PNG3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So looking further, It's nowhere to be found, not on my hard drive either. so I guess I did delete it when it showed up as a sync error before. The good news is I still have the original RAW file. That one was a TIFF that's missing.

So now, since it's gone how do I get Lightroom to stop trying to sync it?

Also, if it's gone how can I still edit it?Capture4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in LR CC Sync status says it's a smart preview local and in the cloud.

I still need to get Classic to stop trying to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I went into LR Classic, Lightroom> Preferences> Lightroom sync menu, and deleted 45 images it said it was downloading. After finding each image on your cloud, I deleted them. (repeat) That finally did it after what 3 hours? What a waste of time. Thankfully, the good ones were not the original ones, although it is hard to guess how many hours I had spent editing those in the first place.

I certainly hope this isn't going to be a common occurrence. And its possible it's my fault in the first place because I didn't spend another 24 hours reading up on how to CORRECTLY move my images to your cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay in my response while I was away from my computer.

You've been quick on troubleshooting and have drilled down to a resolution.   Glad it works fine now.

I certainly hope this isn't going to be a common occurrence. And its possible it's my fault in the first place because I didn't spend another 24 hours reading up on how to CORRECTLY move my images to your cloud.

Please feel free to update this discussion with your findings in case the issue is reproducible and we'll follow up with next steps of troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I probably wouldn't have fixed it if you hadn't sent me back to the

sync thing. I had looked there previously and nothing showed as pending

even though the screen said 1 was pending. You might want to take a look at

that.

Anyway,

Thanks for your help Akash!

Darrel

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many different things and this is what I see:LR Classic issue.PNG

As you cn see in the upper left it says is syncing 230 photos but in the Preferences tab it shows none. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1dacruz,

Sorry that you're having problems syncing from Lightroom Classic CC.

Could you please let us know the version of Lightroom Classic CC you're using? See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as 1dacruz. I am using ver. 7.4 (no updates showing up on my Creative Cloud menu) and mine is stuck on "Syncing 1 photo".

On a side note, which I will search the forums as well, but sometimes Lightroom Classic CC won't sort my collections by "Last Comment Time"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincintron,

Sorry that you are having trouble syncing your images in Lightroom Classic CC.

What do you see in the "Sync activity" section under Preferences> Lightroom sync menu? see the screenshot for reference:

If you see an error or 1 image still syncing, navigate to that image in catalog and delete it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually checked that multiple times, even went as far as to remove photos that were missing the directory to the original image.

There are no files when I open the Lightroom Sync menu. I have tried restarting, uninstall-reinstall, even clearing out my preferences when uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out and back in via Help > Sign Out.

I had a continual "Syncing 2 photos" even though Preferences > Lightroom Sync showed nothing syncing. I deleted the entire LR CC library by clicking Preferences > Lightroom Sync > Delete All Synced Data and logged out and back in via  Help > Sign Out. The message went away. I don't know which of these actions caused that.  (Deleting the LR CC library doesn't remove photos from your LR Classic catalog, but of course it does remove all photos from LR CC, LR Mobile, and LR Web.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately signing in and out didn't work. And I can't delete my sync data because I've got clients who need to review images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is a little more info though I don't know if it will help.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:19 PM, Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Sorry, I believe either you are replying from your Email client or the attachment/screenshot is missing. Please reply from your browser to provide attachments.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines