3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 11:05 AM by spinninghamster

android icon is shrunk and put inside white circle

BigLittle8712 Level 1

I updated phonegap, and now the Android icon shows a white circle around it like 1/2 of the icons on my phone. I don't want the white circle.

Attached shows the Arlo icon which is normal, then two other icons with white circles around them. My config.xml has the icons listed to a png that does not look like this.

How can I get my icon without the circle again, like the Arlo icon?

I'm using CLI 7.1.1, Android 6.3.0

Testing on Pixel 2 physical device, Android 8.1

My config has icons to correct files, and they are just squares like Arlo.

<platform name="android">

<!--
        ldpi : 36x36 px
        mdpi : 48x48 px
        hdpi : 72x72 px
        xhdpi : 96x96 px
        xxhdpi : 144x144 px
        xxxhdpi : 192x192 px
        -->

<icon src="res/android/ldpi.png" density="ldpi" />

<icon src="res/android/mdpi.png" density="mdpi" />

<icon src="res/android/hdpi.png" density="hdpi" />

<icon src="res/android/xhdpi.png" density="xhdpi" />

<icon src="res/android/xxhdpi.png" density="xxhdpi" />

<icon src="res/android/xxxhdpi.png" density="xxxhdpi" />
      </platform>

exampleIcon.jpg

• 1. Re: android icon is shrunk and put inside white circle
          simon.macdonald Adobe Employee

Yeah, that is the way that icons now look on Android since version 7.1. You should read up on the latest Android icon design guidelines. You can use the Android Asset Studio to create a circular icon.

If you are desperate for your icon to remain square you can set the target sdk to 24 or under.

• 2. Re: android icon is shrunk and put inside white circle
            BigLittle8712 Level 1

My target sdk is 23, and it's still doing the circle. I'm trying to do the adaptive icon, but not finding a whole lot of documentation on how to do with cordova/phonegap CLI.

I tried following Android Oreo - how do I set Adaptive Icons in Cordova? - Stack Overflow , but I couldn't get it working. I used Android Studio and successfully generated the icons with the Asset Studio. Brackets Editor even shows the .png when I hover over it in the config.xml file.

<platform name="android">

<edit-config file="app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml" mode="merge" target="/manifest/application">

<application android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher" android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round" />

</edit-config>

<resource-file src="res/android/drawable/ic_launcher_background.xml" target="app/src/main/res/drawable/ic_launcher_background.xml" />

<resource-file src="res/android/drawable/ic_launcher_foreground.xml" target="app/src/main/res/drawable/ic_launcher_foreground.xml" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher.xml" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher.xml" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_round.xml" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_round.xml" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-hdpi/ic_launcher.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-hdpi/ic_launcher.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-hdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-hdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-mdpi/ic_launcher.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-mdpi/ic_launcher.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-mdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-mdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-xhdpi/ic_launcher.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-xhdpi/ic_launcher.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-xhdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-xhdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-xxhdpi/ic_launcher.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-xxhdpi/ic_launcher.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-xxhdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-xxhdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-xxxhdpi/ic_launcher.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-xxxhdpi/ic_launcher.png" />

<resource-file src="res/android/mipmap-xxxhdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" target="app/src/main/res/mipmap-xxxhdpi/ic_launcher_round.png" />

</platform>

• 3. Re: android icon is shrunk and put inside white circle
              spinninghamster Level 1

I have the same problem, but with PhoneGap Build:The specified item was not found.

Has anyone found a solution?