• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview won't playback more than 2 secs

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using After Effects for simple animations for a few months now and not had any problems but recently I started using after effects through premiere pro to create transitions on videos and now when I try to create animations my projects will not preview more than 2 seconds and I keep receiving the Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback error message. I already tried purging cache memory and several other techniques I've seen online to fix this but nothing seems to work. I feel as if something is corrupted from using after effects within premiere because even very simple animations will not preview now.

Let me know if you have any ideas of what could have gone wrong or what I could do to fix it. I'm thinking about upgrading my RAM from 16GB to 32GB but it used to run fine and my projects are small so I don't think thats the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you system specifications and which versions are you using for AE and PPro?

When you write, "using after effects within premiere", what actually do you mean? There is more than one way. So, exactly how are you using both software?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-02-22 07.48.07.png

These are my specs and I updated both AE and PPro to the latest versions while trying to fix this issue. When I use AE within Premiere I usually cut the end and the beginning of 2 clips, select both of them, then right click and choose "Replace with After Effects Composition" After Effects opens automatically and then I apply a preset effect (downloaded from the internet that was recommended by videographers but could potentially be causing this issue) to the clips to make a transition which has worked smoothly for me so far in my video projects. I now only have problems when I try to use AE on its own to make animations.

Thank you for responding I appreciate the help!

This is the link to the preset I started using but I already removed into from the user presets folder and I'm still having the issues.

https://sellfy.com/p/RZVs/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro needs RAM just as AE does.  When you have both open, you eat the RAM available to AE.  Thus, your RAM Previews are shorter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines