• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable LR from writing to IPTC/EXIF Keywords

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit hierarchical IPTC/EXIF keywords in another application. (keyword example: !Events\Birthday\John)

Then I import the photos In LR and do facetagging.

When I subsequently view the IPTC/EXIF keywords in another application, the keywords have been replaced by facetags and the existing hierarchichal IPTC/EXIF keywords have been split up and jumbled around.

This must clearly be an error.

Can I configure LR to NOT touch the IPTC/EXIF keywords?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. LR reads and writes in industry-standard format. Does the other app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the other app writes IPTC/EXIF keywords according to the standard. I can see that LR recognizes these keywords since the LR XMP "HierarchicalSubject" reads !Events|Birthday|John;!Persons|John

It's just that LR fails to properly write the keywords back to the IPTC keywords. Afterwards, the Keyword reads: !Events;Birthday;John;!Persons;John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines