• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse and Adobe Business Catalyst integration

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that Muse and Business Catalyst seem to be unwilling to cooperate towards tighter collaboration and integration? Better integration of Muse with BC could make a powerful alternative to other CMSs such as Wordpress. E;.g. user-friendly CSS customization of BC widgets in Muse.While Muse does a great job helping its customers, BC has lousy tutorials and customer support. Seems line they are different companies. I don't get it.

TOPICS
Content management and modules , eCommerce , Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hey Joe, check out  www.musegrid.com/business-catalyst

We have an initial blog integration now and more integrations on the way (several in BETA).  We've been in the BC game for a very long time and see the same synergy as you between Muse and BC.  We have live chat as well, so come start a conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Music click build concept can not be powerful. Sorry to be blunt but this can not become the tool you expect it to be. Simple can not.

BC IS an alternative to wordpress (positives and negatives to both) without Muse involved. Muse is a peace of software, NOT a service.

People are making rich and powerful BC based websites without Muse just fine.

BC has a direct support for developer partners and site owners through support via the admin including live chat - If you use it properly, it has a full documentation based site: Business Catalyst Support , with tutorials Videos along with 3rd party tutorial sites. It also has a number of widgets https://docs.worldsecuresystems.com/widgets as well as an app store for custom apps.

The problem is you are coming from Muse and limited by that and your entry into BC through it. I do not mean to be disrespectful but this is the very low end of the web. To get to what you want, move away from Muse and a new world will literally open up in front of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That reaction is exactly what I meant when I said it seems BC and Muse are owned by two different companies. Where I come from: Computer engineer with 35 years experience in multimedia, veteran of mark-up languages for A.I. applications long before they became Web technologies. So believe me, I know what Muse and other platforms are but don't think it is fair to denigrate the fantastic job the Muse team is doing. Just common sense that BC can't replace native Web technologies. It's just one of many back-end CMS platform with which most "experts" just use templates, most of time, with terrible code.

What I'm saying is that Adobe and its customers should benefit from a better integration of Muse and BC.

My World is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe, check out  www.musegrid.com/business-catalyst

We have an initial blog integration now and more integrations on the way (several in BETA).  We've been in the BC game for a very long time and see the same synergy as you between Muse and BC.  We have live chat as well, so come start a conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you, there are a few online applications that do the same concepts as Muse but better. Muse really has not evolved much since I first saw it at Adobe Max the first time it was shown.

It's not the best design tool, it is not the best site building tool. Harsh I know but its just the facts.

Adobe themselves as well as the people that use it are more excited by Adobe XD and how it leads to the design and development of both websites and online applications.

Muse has new features, do not get me wrong but its an evolution of a peace of software that Adobe has had for a very long time, it has had a number of names over the years but Adobe have attempted this not long after MS frontpage and macromedia days. The only difference of late has been the BC backend to be able to push a website. But I still see the same problems people face and the same wall that Muse can not overcome.

People have the site in BC but then they get stuck - How to get a domain etc up, they technically do not have the knowledge and the forums are flooded there. The next issue is doing more, doing actual websites.. I have a number of times looked and shown people the Muse gallery showcasing websites, Many of which do not look like the original image, some not even BC and a large amount not using Muse any more.

To the high end designers and things you see on AA awards site - Different problems but the same result.

The company/business the site is built for and the site goals and the data that drives that is what matters and big designers fail by going off tangent to create a peace of art they are happy to showcase and peers like, but what about the business? Many of those sites change as they need to be more practical for the business.

Muse leads to the same problems through what it can not do, not as itself but in its nature of what it is. These such software can only go so far and create certain sites, to do more they can not.

Marketing, social engineering, key UX factors, different devices and interactions per device NOT JUST scaling down, more functionality, more features... You simply will go so far and then you can not do any more.

Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is but anyone expecting it to do more - It cant. I have heard talk from Adobe about Muse supporting other platforms and Wordpress given as an example - This has never seen the light of day because of the complexity that involves, I will be shocked to see a 100% working solution that does not break when you factor in what wordpress is, does and can have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, you know I love you, buddy.  But when you're a hammer, everything is a nail.  The gentleman wants to know more about Muse/BC integration.

Joe, feel free to make contact at MuseGrid.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In part, but he is also asking about blending opposite concepts and it is important to understand why that is not possible.

This is part of why BC has failed because they tried this end of the stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spent $200 to make my point. I hired 3 free-lance "BC experts". All 3 of them asked me to buy a template on Envato/TemplateMonster. Fed the templates with content they didn't understand. Content / ergonomy nonsense and terrible, outdated code but nice looking pics...

I made the site in a couple of hours with Muse. Perfect code, content and UI: ALFA leukemia

Oh, and blog with Blogger...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines