11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 8:00 AM by alistairw72100433

How to open right catalog

alistairw72100433 Level 1

Last year I upgraded to LR6 and transferred all my files and catalogs onto an external hard drive. All went well.

I have just opened up LR and it does not open with the correct catalog.

On the left hand side when I opened LR the external hard drive was shown but the were question marks against all the folders.

I went to open catalog to select the catalog I had last used. When selected it asked me

The catalog I last used in 2017 was the first one the "old" one. The "new" catalog was from an earlier attempt today to try to open it. 

When I tried again I got this message and when I upgraded it only shows the iMac Hard drive on the left hand side in Library and the folders where photos were cataloged previously in iMac.

I thought when I open LR I simply have to select open catalog and select the one I last used and it would open with all folders available. Dont understand why its trying to upgrade catalogs that have already been upgraded in LR?

I am totally confused as to how I can locate the right catalog, can anyone help please?