• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac not working after installing LR CC Vers 6 Update: Do Not Move this Post again

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have today updated LR CC with Version 6 update on my iMac 2.7GHz Intel Core I5 with 16GB memory but cannot now open LR.

On trying to open LR i get the following message : "Error when reading from it's preview cache" is this fixable by going back to previous version which i was happy with?

Message was edited by: Moderator. Do Not Move This Post. It is in the correct forum. LR Classic CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above suggestion did not solve the problem and now not even getting error message just a general report LR failed to open, retry and the report log will be sent to Adobe. Retry does not work so no LR at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you successful in resetting your preferences?  (eg, you deleted the preference files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No success unfortunately I am unable to open LR to change preference settings or delete the preference files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Previews folder. It is located in the same folder that the catalog is in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t open LR to delete the previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manually delete the preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain how i do this without opening LR thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on the link in message and read that section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobp91846526  wrote

I can’t open LR to delete the previews?

You Delete the Previews folder from the File Manager for the OS you are using.

You don't open LR to do that.

The Error message you got clearly states LR is having a problem with the Previews.

You can delete the whole previews top level folder or just the subfolders under the Previews folder.

The Previews folder is located in the same folder as the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully deleted the preview cache as you suggested but am still unable to open LR.

I also deleted the preference files in library module com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist and com.adobe.Lightroom6plist.YYET54A probably an error i’m guessing.

Would i be able to uninstall LR and reinstall the previous version which i was very happy with? Thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobp91846526  wrote

Would i be able to uninstall LR and reinstall the previous version which i was very happy with? Thanks in advance...

Yes you can do that from the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you help over last few days. I have deleted and reloaded LR CC 15 but not latest version. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines