1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2018 2:57 PM by AnandSri

Adobe pdf removed from list of printers

TempleBI

I recently updated to Lightroom CC. After, when I went to use Adobe Pro XI, a box opened asking for information/login/money to upgrade to Adobe DC. I declined and removed the Adobe DC files (the files I didn't ask for or want).

Subsequent to that, Adobe Acrobat Pro has been weird. It disappeared from the list of printers on my computer, which means it no longer a printer option in other programs such as MS Word, intuit Quickbooks, and Gmail.  Also, it will not retain items I keep on the toolbar in Acrobat. I have to reset the toolbar every time I use Acrobat.

I have tried to "repair," and to reinstall, only to get failure messages.

Please help.

• 1. Re: Adobe pdf removed from list of printers
          AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello TempleBI,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above "Adobe PDF" is not listed as Printer in the printer list, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates, and see if this brings any difference

You can also add the "Adobe PDF" in printer list manually, please refer to the following Adobe article for the steps Adobe PDF printer is missing | Manually install PDF printer

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

1 person found this helpful