• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using more than 1 mask on a single clip?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so maybe I'm just an idiot or missing something but bear with me because I'm mostly used to masks in After Effects.

I have a clip in my sequence in which I want to split the frame into two different parts to color grade each side to opposite colors. However when I've ran into a dead-end where I've made one mask to isolate one side, color graded it, but I can't find a way to get a second mask to work. I duplicated the same mask, inverted it and graded it. But there's no change?! I must be stupid because I can't find any info about this online. Can I only grade one part of the footage at any given time? I seem to be able to grade the "original" source footage aswell as the mask, but not individually? i.e if I grrade the source footage temerature -100 and the mask 100 the cancel each other out!

Sorry for the noob question but any help is appreciated, don't wanna resort to after effects for this.

Thanks,

Dan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy/paste clip into v2

crop/mask clip in v2

grade clip in v1

grade clip in v2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines