Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording instruments cutoff and 'radio sounding' issue

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have encountered an issue while recording some guitar. I have plugged my guitar into a boss me-80 effects peddle and also seperately tried using a peavey amp, and then using the record out audio cables, plugged into the microphone socket input on my computer.

While recording, if i play a chord or play with continuous noise for more than 3 seconds, it will cut out prematurely as if its automatically dampening the sound. Another issue which may be the same issue is if I'm playing a riff where there is constant noise input, it becomes dampened and sounds as though its playing through a quiet radio.

Any attempts to help are much appreciated.

Sincerely, me.

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of computer and which operating system? Plugging the output of a guitar effects pedal or amp line out into the mic input of a PC is likely to overload the input. And, if it is a Windows based, computer it is likely that Windows is automatically trying to compensate for the overly high level audio signal. if you want to do any decent music recording it is far better to use an external USB audio interface designed for the purpose rather than the built in soundcard that is mainly designed for simple playback or Skype communications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay i think you're probably right about it overloading the input. Thanks for that. Any suggestions for cheap usb audio interface haha?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending where you are in the world and your budget something along the lines of the selection available at, for instance, https://www.sweetwater.com/c695--USB_Audio_Interfaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines