• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 - Font is missing, but its not?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been working on multiple computers and edited files in word and placed them into InDesign.  I can't get some of the fonts to work.  (I had problems with Arial on another computer too).

I installed some of the problem fonts and the pink went away fine.

However, I have problems with futura lt bt.  I have a copy of the font on my memory card and installed it but it still doesn't work.

I've clicked on find font and it lists the font families, but futura lt bt doesn't have italic in the drop down list and has a bracket round it.  The font works fine in Word.

I tried changing the font to a synced adobe version futura pt, but that doesn't have italic, so won't work.

I just can't figure out what to do.

Thanks

Font 1.PNG

Font.PNG

Font 2.PNG

Font 3.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fontura Lt Bt and Fontura Lt Bt Italic are two separate font files. Did you install both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are both installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those fonts are typically bundled with CorelDraw in multiple formats. Do not use the Type 1 fonts. InDesign just seems to have issues with them. If you've used the OpentType/TrueType do they work in other applications?

You could also try copying those fonts to the InDesign/fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the More Info button, you can see if it is a Type1, TrueType or OpenType font. Maybe you have a font with the same name but another type. If you have a TrueType Arial but the source used an OpenType Arial for instance, it will show as missing because in fact it is another font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are all True type fonts.

When I click on more info, it says Unknown (font is missing).

There are so many errors in the file with other missing fonts, when exporting, such as arial and times new roman as I have about 200 pages of pdfs.  I am going to convert them to pngs and reinsert, but I think the only option for me at the moment with the fonts that don't work for text is to change them to an adobe font.

Other fonts that I have downloaded, such as bebas, work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines