Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Photos and obects to scale in InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Before today I have always resized single or grouped objects proportionallyin InDesign by dragging from the corner with mouse and holding down the shift key. It no longer works doing it this way. Has anyone else had this issue, all I can think is that some settings have been changed without me realising?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Hi Kelg12:

It's one of two things—either another app is causing a conflict with the Shift key, or you need to trash preferences.

To test the other app conflict (most often a browser, browser extension, anti-virus or anti-malware), reboot the computer and only open InDesign. Is the Shift key working again to resize one or grouped objects proportionately? Consider apps that auto-load and try disabling those temporarily as well.

If that doesn't do it, trash preferences following the first or second pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelg12:

It's one of two things—either another app is causing a conflict with the Shift key, or you need to trash preferences.

To test the other app conflict (most often a browser, browser extension, anti-virus or anti-malware), reboot the computer and only open InDesign. Is the Shift key working again to resize one or grouped objects proportionately? Consider apps that auto-load and try disabling those temporarily as well.

If that doesn't do it, trash preferences following the first or second procedure outlined here:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

My money is on a conflicting app, but let us know.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb, closing everything and restarting and only opening InDesign did the trick, it was doing a few other things as well which are now resolved. Thank you for your help : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always happy to help!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the question is, what did adobe change by interacting with macos apis.

Because if things stop to work after an update of an adobe app, its the new version off the adobe app that bugs and not the third party program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are obviously NOT a software engineer. Changes to an application may cause an operating system bug to be uncovered. And given the absence of real details in your post as far as version of InDesign and operating system it's impossible to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably my Problem is, that as so many, adobe include, tell me, I happen to let my program update automatically. So I have the last version of both the OS and adobe.

As not software engineer but paying customer since over 20 year (makes more than $ 30'000 that i payed) I don't see why I have to spend a couple of hour to solve a Problem as basic as I have never seen: the combination of modifier keys and mouse not responding anymore.

I really don't care, if you don't understand my anger, when adobe tries to throw the responsibility on their customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh right, adobe doesnt update automatically, what's rather ok, but I do update them as advised for security reasons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines