• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Module Altitudes

Advocate ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I auto tag images using a tracklog imported from my GPS unit, altitudes visible in Lightroom are quite inaccurate.  Is this because Lightroom reads altitude data from the GPS tracklog which is inherently inaccurate?  If I manually place photos on the map, then the altitudes are nearer to the correct values.  I am guessing that my reasoning is correct here, but is anybody able to confirm this for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ErikBloodaxe,

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Are you working on Map > Tracklog > Auto-Tag Photos command to view the data?

You might use this plugin Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Geoencoding Support” Plugin for Lightroom and see of that shows a different set of GPS tracklog.

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Using Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 release.

Some experimentation has shown me that it is my GPS altitude data which is inaccurate and Lightroom is reading altitude data from the GPS tracklog during the autotag process rather than from the mapping data.  The solution is to improve my GPS data though at the moment I don't know how.  Unfortunately Lightroom can't do that for me!

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines