• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 on MacBookPro - all palettes are locked

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem with my palettes and interface. I can't click on ANY tool or layer or color, I can move the palettes but I can't select anything. The keyboard shortcuts works though but I can select the tools ONLY through my keyboard. Furthermore, the visualisation of any file, new or old, is very strange. In my screenshot you can see a black area, a dark grey area and my file in white. If I zoom in my file stayed inside the grey area like it's locked in that region.

I can't get out of this.

Please help!

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 10.13.16.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your Photoshop Preferences as instructed below. You will have to exit Ps first, so if Cmd q doesn't work, force quit.

Hold down cmd-opt-shift keys and launch Ps. When asked to delete the settings file, confirm and let Ps finish loading.

What version MacOS and CS6 are you running?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gene,

I already Reset my Photoshop Preferences following other discussions on this forum, but it didn't work.

Photoshop was running fine until I added another user (not admin). That user and also the Guest user, can use Photoshop perfectly, but not me anymore as admin.

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall Photoshop from the using the uninstaller in your Ps CS6 folder. Then use the Cleaner Tool to remove any remnants.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Reinstall, run updates and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines