Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving library to a new computer - LR messes up my postproduction

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I recently had to fully reinstall everything on a new HD. But I have trouble with my LR library. When it first started loading the picture (see the "Leading..." sign), the preview looked as it was supposed to and as I edited it before (on previous HD, and in case of this example - "very black"):

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 20.45.05.png

But after the "Loading" finished, here's what I got. And it's definitely not how it looked like when I edited it before.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 20.45.12.png

This is just one example, but many pictures have it. Btw. in Develop Module I have a full history of editing. Just a very different outcome.

Also, when I open LR from previous HD, all works fine. I tried to copy every preset etc, but maybe I missed something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy over your original catalog from old to new computer?

Did you use XMP sidecar files and if you did, did you copy them over with the images?

Take a look at this articles to move from one computer to another.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I copied the LR library, all of the pics, presets, everything in the folder where "presets" are in, and also camera profiles and lens profiles. It still doesn't work

It's possible it's about the curves? It looks like sometimes LR uses "linear" curves where "custom" should be used, but I'm not sure yet (it's hard for me to change drives multiple times)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you copy over your 'User' Camera Profiles from the below folder location to the same location in the new system?

Windows

C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \

Mac

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines