• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Workspace "resets" when monitors change

Participant ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is maybe a bit nuanced.... but: My current setup is a 27" 5k iMac, with an older 27" iMac (2011) as a second display, using Target Display Mode. (Actually works as a really slick setup for my purposes.)

When I have Premiere open, (CC 2018, version 12.0.1) I typically have my bins open as a collection of windows on my second screen with the timeline, program, and source windows on my main screen. I've created a custom workspace for this.

But I don't always have my second display connected. Sometimes I'm using the other computer for something else, sometimes I haven't invoked Target Display Mode, sometimes I just need to switch the computer over for a few minutes to check on something.

When Premiere is open and my second monitor is "missing" my custom workspace gets reset and all my bins are on my main screen, hovering overtop my other windows. Even when I connect my second monitor, nothing changes. Later, when I choose my custom workspace, it seems to revert to when I only had one monitor connected.

Is there a good way to keep workspaces static when the number of monitors you have connected is fluid or changing?

Thanks in advance.

- Your Friendly Neighborhood Philip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a custom workspace just for one monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand how this helps. If I have a two monitor layout and my second monitor disconnects, Premiere doesn't switch to a single monitor layout, it just rearranges my two monitor layout for a single screen. Even when my second monitor gets reattached, the two-screen layout is now a single screen layout. And I have to reset up all my windows again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrbobdobolina,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing this issue. Basically, if my second monitor gets disconnected I have to re-align all my windows for my 2-screen layouts when it comes back online.

My current work-around is to switch to a single window layout before the monitor disconnects, and try to only start up Premiere when my second monitor is connected, but sometimes my computer goes to sleep when I'm AFK and I just need to spend a few minutes resetting things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this issue - being as I work both in office and remotely - it would be nice if the entirety of CS could be smart enough to at least know what i've selected a specific monitor setup, if not detect it and quit shuffling toolbars around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines