5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 7:30 AM by KIce11

PDF and video links

KIce11
      I just upgraded to RoboHelp 7 so I could fix the active x popup issue when running program by selecting Add Mark of the Web checkbox. But now my links to pdf files and video don't work inless you save first. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: PDF and video links
          KIce11 Level 1
          I forgot to add webhelp is viewed locally and on server. Server is not an issue. Just the local viewed version.
          • 2. Re: PDF and video links
            Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional
            I don't think you can. Those links only work when the webhelp is on a server.

Is the local installation just for your own use or do customers use that way. If it is just for you, you could try the old method of allowing Active X to run locally in IE settings and not use MoW. I think that works still.

• 3. Re: PDF and video links
              KIce11 Level 1
              The Local version runs from a CD. But they worked fine in the x 5 version. but as I mentioned I have that checkbox Add Mark of the Web checkbox selected which causes the problem in this version robohelp 7. So I trade one problem for another.
              • 4. Re: PDF and video links
                RoboWizard Level 4
                Hi Kurt

You could probably work past this by using a program called Server2Go.

Here are the steps you would need to follow:
                Download the Server2Go software from http://www.server2go-web.de/download/download.html
                Choose the Micro package
                This should result in receiving a zip file named distribute_apache1.3_micro.zip
                Unzip the contents of the zip file to the root of your hard drive ( C:\ )
                This should create a folder named distribute_apache1.3_micro
                Open this folder and delete the following files and folders inside:

Files:
                splash.bmp
                logo.ico
                readme.txt

Folders:
                dlls
                dbdir
                cgi-bin

Open the htdocs folder and delete all files and folders inside.
                Copy all of your WebHelp output files and folders to the htdocs folder
                Rename the WebHelp start page to index.htm
                Copy the contents of the distribute_apache1.3_micro folder to the CD-ROM and test!

Cheers... Rick
                • 5. Re: PDF and video links
                  KIce11 Level 1
                  Rick,
                  I will try this sometime today. Will be in work related classes all day. Thanks inadvance...