• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Issues

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used two cards to import from one event. No issues with card one, when I imported card two LR created duplicates of my first card import and jumbled up the times of the second card import. I used the same camera for the event.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how or why Lightroom would create duplicates of the first card. Are you certain that really happened. As to the second issue, have you verified the sort order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 100% certain the duplicates have happened. They were interspersed with the imports on the second card, some often turned sideways or upside down. The sort order is set properly, LR also read the capture time as the import time. Seems to have lost the capture time. Any advise on how to remedy? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I haven't a clue. I see no way that Lightroom can create duplicates of images from a first card while importing from a second card. That just doesn't sound right to me. You'll have to figure this one out, or maybe someone else has a better understanding than I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of months ago, I started to see similar problems during import, even when using only one card (jumbled up capture times, random ordering, sideways turning, and duplication of shots, with bogus capture times). It now happens all the time. For me , the solution was to initiate the import not from the “Devices” area of the “Source” panel (where the card shows up with the Camera name), but from the “Files” panel below that (which requires drilling down to the specific folder in the card where the pictures are (see red oval below). None of the usual fixes (deleting preferences, updating to latest version, etc.) worked for me.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.05.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this a bug related to the way images are now imported from 'Devices'. If you haven't already posted details of the issue on the Lightroom Feedback forum, then please do so at Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ian. I just posted it on the Feedback forum. I found several other posts in the thread, reporting similar problems. It has been going on for a while, but it does not affect everybody. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. Has only happened once so far. Exact same problems you had. Will definitely keep a close eye on imports from now on. This is a BAD bug that can cause loss of images. Not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines