• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with old LR 6 account, can not download onto new laptop

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 6 (not CC) on my desktop. I just got a laptop and want to download it onto there as well. I figured out the link to download the old LR 6 program, that worked. But now that I've got it on my laptop, it tells me to enter the serial number. I do that, and a new window pops up and it says that my serial number is valid, but I must choose a program to go with it. It gives me another drop down option, but only LR 1-5.  Why is there no LR 6 option? The download I used was for LR 6....don't get it! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased an Upgrade to Lightroom 6 from some earlier version of Lightroom, then you must enter the serial number of the earlier version of LR, as well as the LR 6 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your answer, but any idea how to find that previous serial number if I did in fact upgrade? I think you're probably right...but now I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe help link-

Find your serial number

Or if Lightroom has been installed on the desktop computer you should be able to find the Serial Number in the locations below. Open the file with a basic text editor to find the number-

Mac -

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom x.x Registration

Windows (8 & 7 &10?) -

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom\Lightroom x.x Registration.lrreg

Or find a (freeware) program to locate program keys. {eg. Keyfinder}

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped until the last part....there is no Lightroom 4.o Registration found. Does that mean I never registered it? So is there any other way to track down the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe does not have the LR4 (or any version) serial number then it is likely you never registered it.

If LR6 was an upgrade from LR4 (or you had LR5) on the desktop computer-  Did you try searching the folders as suggested for the file containing serial numbers?

Do you have an original CD case for any version? It might have a serial number.

In the 'end' if you cannot locate any Serial number to allow the update, you will have to contact Adobe support and pay for a 'Full' license for LR6.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, this is not great news. Bummer. I did try searching the folders as instructed, that's when I ran into a dead end because in the Lightroom folder there was no "Lightroom x.x" which I assume means the 4.o, for me to look at. So that didn't work.

My dad bought me the LR 4.0, so I asked him if he had any info. Even though this guy had emails from me thanking him for LR back in 2012, he did not have any serial numbers. So close.....but still a fail.

I guess if I have to purchase something, I'll end up purchasing the CC.  Not the end of the world I guess, but could have continued with this LR for a little while longer.

Thank you all for the help. Will call Adobe on Monday as their 24 hour chat service is worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can call Adobe if you like but more than likely they won't be able to help you.

It is the responsibility of the user to keep a record of license serial numbers and codes.

For the last 15 year if not longer most all software has to be activated, licensed, with the use of some type of code that is checked against either some internal code checking system or across the internet to a validation server for the software company.

If you've never recorded the serial numbers, activation codes, for the software you use I suggest you start so things like this don't happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines