• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 not showing all the files in folder when importing

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I downloaded Lightroom 5.7.1 (my PC is 32 bit so won't run any higher, despite me buying into the CC photography plan).  This morning I tried to import my images from the hard drive into Lightroom, having read the Scott Kelby Lightroom CC book section, and thinking I knew what I was doing...  However, I clicked 'don't import suspected duplicates', which I now regret: I have quite a lot images with the same file name (e.g. IMG_220.jpg)  saved in different folders (these shots were taken on different cameras over the years) and LR did as it was told and did not import duplicates.  However, now when I try to import these 'missing'  files with the 'don't import duplicates' button unchecked, they are not even showing in the grid when I click import and navigate to the folder I am trying to import them from. I can see them in Windows file explorer and Bridge just fine. It doesn't make any difference if I click 'all files' as opposed to 'new files' at the top of the grid in the import window.  I have tried searching 'all images' in my catalogue, and these images are not stored anywhere in LR.  I have even tried uninstalling LR (using the button in the Creative Cloud Desktop app) in the hope I could start again- but when I reinstalled, the catalogue and problem reappeared!  Is there a way to uninstall LR and get rid of the catalogue so I can literally start again from scratch, or better still, some way of getting these images into my LR catalogue?,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually on further inspection I am not sure that the duplicate filenames is the problem. have tried removing all images from my Catalogue, deleting all the LR catalogues and associated files from 'My Pictures' and it is still not showing some images (JPEG) from some folders, but I can't see a clear pattern to thi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try File->New Catalog

If you are still having the problem in the new catalog, show us the relevant screen captures of what you see in LR and what you see in your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an option in the LR Preferences on the General tab to treat JPEG files next to RAW files as a separate photo.

Make sure that is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines