Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro cc 2018 doesn't use my GPU

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

I recently download premiere pro, and rendered my first video on this pc. I noticed that my cpu usage was at 95%, and the gpu 1%. I'am 100% sure that i turned on CUDA core render, but it still doesn't use my gpu. My gpu drivers are up to date. Does anyone know what's wrong?.

System:

Windows 10 pro

Asus geforce 1060 3gb oc

Gigabyte g970a-ds3p

Amd fx 6300 black editon

16gb ram

256gb ssd (Premiere pro)

256gb hdd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to search the forums as to which effects are GPU-accelerated, and which effects use the CPU entirely. And are you rescaling to a different resolution? And are you applying any GPU-accelerated effects? A "straight" render, with no re-rezzing or effects applied whatsoever, will be done completely on the CPU, with no GPU acceleration whatsoever. And all re-encoding is done on the CPU, as well.

Also, I think that your CPU is a bit too weak to properly utilize that GTX 1060 3GB card. The GPU, in this case, occasionally sits idle even on GPU-accelerated effects, waiting for the CPU to play catch-up. A GTX 1050 or GTX 1050 Ti would have been a better GPU match (CPU-to-GPU balance-wise) to that FX 6300 BE. On the other hand, a late-model (Skylake or Kaby Lake, sixth- or seventh-generation) Intel i5 quad-core CPU would have been a better CPU match to that GTX 1060 3GB card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like to see GPU usage download my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM).  It is designed to fully test your CPU, GPU and storage device.  Submit the results and I will try to give you feedback on your hardware while using Adobe Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Noticed the past few days framerate skipping during playback, and a long delay when starting / stopping playback. Looked into it, and I see 100% CPU usage during playback. I have Mercury CUDA set to be used during playback, but it's not using my GPU. Resource manager shows GPU at 5-10% use the entire time, before, during, and after playback. CPU jumps from nothing to 100% during playback.

Windows 10 Home

EVGA GTX 980 ti Hybrid

Intel i5-6600K

16 GB RAM

512 GB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I told the original starter of this thread, your system has an imbalance between the CPU and GPU towards too much GPU. No sane amount of overclocking of your i5-6600K can make it catch up to that GTX 980 Ti. If a GTX 1060 6GB card weren't so expensive right now, I would have recommended it instead for that i5-6600K.

And remember, in a video editing system the right balance between the CPU and the GPU is important! You want neither too little nor too much GPU for any given CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem.

Last version of premier cc is not using my nvidia gtx 1080 as before.

I have a 4.2ghz obsidian laptop

1T m/2 ssd sandisk pro

32gb ram

Nvidia gtx 1080

fGo6YK

I will say 3 months ago all works fine, this is a dedicate laptop just to edit, nothing is installed here, only adobe master collection.

The problem is that premier cc 2018 is using only CPU 98% of my CPU and 2% of my GPU.

Unfortunately I cannot upload an image because this webside don´t allow.

Please adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines