5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 6:58 AM by zivaco

Lightroom 6 registration problem

zivaco

Hello everyone!

Basically, I would like to register/insert the Serial number number for Lightroom 6.

I was advised to install Lightroom CC (at the moment, I have Photoshop Lightroom version 1.2 installed) and then convert/register it as a Lightroom 6, following these instructions:

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial version to licensed Lightroom 6 copy

The problem occurs at Step 4: instead of offering me the option to insert the Serial number, I get this message:

lr-subscript.jpg

The Adobe ID was created at the beginning of the Lightroom installer download (without that, download of the installer wouldn't be allowed at all). I also tried to create a new Adobe ID independently afterwards and Sign in the Lightroom with it. It doesn't make any difference - I get the same message that there is no subscription found...

What am I doing wrong? How should I register Lightroom 6?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 registration problem
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks like you installed LRCC (the cloud service) by mistake.

You can download LR6 from the link below. After installing the base application LR6.0 it should be possible to licence with your serial number.

If the application launches as a trial or as the creative cloud 2015 version, follow these steps:

Launch Lightroom and go to the menu: Help >> Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Re-launch Lightroom and click the button “Sign In Now”

Click the button “License This Software”

Enter serial number & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

Once you have the application licenced, use the same download link to install; the 6.14 update patch.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom 6 registration problem
            Axel Matt Adobe Community Professional

zivaco  schrieb

I was advised to install Lightroom CC (at the moment, I have Photoshop Lightroom version 1.2 installed) and then convert/register it as a Lightroom 6, following these instructions:

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial version to licensed Lightroom 6 copy

There is a misunderstanding. That was here named as Lightroom CC is now Lightroom Classic CC. Adobe has renamed it  in October last year. Lightroom CC is a completely new product.

If you own Lightroom 6 and if you have a serial number you can directly download the installation files here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Depend on you operating system (Windows or Mac) you can download the appropriate installation file (1) and the additional update (2) to Lightroom 6.14.

2018-03-05 10_46_10-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 registration problem
              zivaco Level 1

Thank you (and 99Jon as well)!!

Followed your instructions, Lightroom is now successfully installed!

If you allow me one more silly question: is it necessary to enter the serial number each time I sign in to Lighroom with my Adobe ID? Namely, after I entered the serial code for the 1st time after the installation and used the program, I signed out of the Lightroom. When I relaunched Lightroom and signed in again, it offered me the options to Start trial or to License the software. As if the registration has not been done yet?

Meaning, after each sign-in it is necessary to enter the serial number again?

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 registration problem
                99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is no need to sign-out. Stay signed-in and you won't need to keep entering the serial number. Sign-in/out is simply the method of activation. For example you could have the software installed on three or four computers provided only two remain activated (signed-in).

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 registration problem
                  zivaco Level 1

I guess everything is clear now.

Thank you once again!