• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighted Search Results and Drop Down Text

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2008 Jun 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running RoboHelp 7 to generate Webhelp and are looking at enabling the Highligh Search Results feature. We use a fair amount of drop-down text, and if the search finds a word that matches your search word(s) in the drop-down text in a topic, it adds that topic to the search results list. However, because the word is in a drop-down within the topic, on first glance, it looks like the topic is displaying with no search results that are highlighted. As a user I would think, "Huh, well, I guess that my word really isn't in this topic."

My question and wish is this. Is there a way for those topics that have the word that matches your search in a drop-down section of the topic to display with the drop-down text expanded when it's displayed by clicking the topic name in the search results list? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd throw the question out there just in case. We aren't using ZoomSearch or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Your help is always appreciated!
Heather

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2008 Jun 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a method of autoexpanding a dropdown when opened by a hyperlink in a topic but, as far as I know, there is no method of doing it from search results.

I don't think ZoomSearch would do that either.

Submit this as a request as it is a regular item.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2008 Jun 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please do not post any more to this thread.

See http://tinyurl.com/5vg2lh for continuation.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp